In 2004, with an advisory board of 9 physicians and 3 health care professionals, the New Jersey Physicians Advisory Group was incorporated as a non-profit, 501 (c) (3) education and research entity with the goal of addressing the societal problems of teen pregnancy, teen STDs/STIs and single parent teen families.
We recognize that those issues are not the actual problem; they are the consequences of the underlying problem – the real problem being teen sexual activity. To address the root of the problem our focus is on helping our young people make smart sexual choices through:
Supporting EDUCATORS with:
- Health and Character Lessons for 5th to 12th grade: YES You Can!
- Teacher In-Service Workshops
- Current and Medically Accurate Classroom Information
- Classroom Resources
Supporting HEALTH PROFESSIONALS, especially SCHOOL NURSES with:
- Teen Sexual Health Data
- Nursing In-Service Workshops
Supporting PARENTS OF ADOLESCENTS with:
- Parent Workshops: Helping Your Kids Navigate Through a Sex-Saturated Culture
- Tools To Empower Their Children
For information and scheduling contact the New Jersey Physicians Advisory Group.