Helping Your Kids Navigate Through A Sex-Saturated Culture!
This 1½ hour presentation empowers parents with practical help, encouragement and skills, to guide their children in a world that bombards them with sex.
Parents should not buy into the myth that they lose their influence when their children enter the adolescent years! In fact, research shows that the kids who do avoid unhealthy, risky behaviors have been greatly influenced by their connectedness to parents, school and community.
The consequences of teenage sexual activity are much more severe than one generation ago. Teens today face life-altering consequences when they become sexually active.
- About one in four sexually active teens acquires a sexually transmitted disease (STD) each year – that is about 8,000 per day.
- Chlamydia is responsible for 1/3 of infertility; females age 15-19 have the highest incidence.
- HPV (Human Papillomavirus), a sexually transmitted virus, causes 99.7% of pre-cervical cancer and cervical cancer. A Rutgers University report found 60% of 608 female students studied had HPV.
- Teenagers represent 25% of the population, but contract nearly 50% of new STDs.
- There are over 20 significant STDs, many of which are viral, incurable and lifelong.
- An unwanted pregnancy changes a teen’s life forever, regardless of the choice made.
- There is a tremendous emotional and psychological price that is paid by sexually active teens, as well as a greater chance of participating in other risky behaviors, such as alcohol and drug use, cigarette smoking, trouble at home and in school.
DON’T MISS THIS: A VALUABLE OPPORTUNITY TO BECOME AN INFORMED PARENT!
Host a workshop: $400 plus travel cost, if applicable.
For information and scheduling call 908-322-9050 or email firstname.lastname@example.org